Thursday, September 29, 2011

Procrastination? Or Just Plain Tired?

Is it wrong that I often start something, then never finish it? Is it just a part of me?

The reason I say this is because of my "comic", Unreal Circumstances. I started the site with the full intention of finally getting into being an author/artist of a webcomic. But, the moment I finally finished all the preparations of getting the site in tip-top shape, my spark of motivation died. I think I'm actually intimidated by the giant leap and commitment that the first comic represents. I'm also worried that my art won't be good enough, but after seeing some of the comics out there, I think I'll be fine (but I still don't feel it).

I hate this. I really want to be a part of the online community of webcomic authors (or, as I would be doing both the art and story writing, "I do everything myself"ers). I just can't get past this first step. 

My current lack of motivation to get into this reminds me of how I downloaded the FREE Student Copy of Autodesk 3ds Max 2012, what I believe is the industry standard for 3D  modelling  and animation... but then never actually DID anything with it. My copy lasts until I graduate, in 2013, and then I have to pay the $$$'s for it. Now would be a perfect opportunity to familiarize myself with it, right? Well, that's what I thought, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment